Simplify your goods receipt and storage process for mixed HUs with the deconsolidation function
Master challenges in the production environment with ease
In order to remain competitive, companies have to confront the challenges of globalization, constantly increasing price pressure, and various environmental influences. In order to address these factors successfully, production companies order their raw materials and purchased parts from around the world so they can enjoy cost advantages. In order to ensure the required even quality of raw materials and purchased parts, there is a quality check before materials are stored. This guarantees that no defective products are put into circulation. If the quality check is positive, the parts are stored with all other purchased parts in the production supply warehouse.
All components that are required for the individual production order are removed from the production supply stocks, picked, and made available in particular locations in the warehouse. Using appropriate replenishment and production supply strategies, an optimal production supply oriented according to particular needs is achieved. Before storage of the produced parts in the shipping warehouse, there is another quality check. Only this way it is possible to guarantee that only perfect products are sent to customers. For shipping, all products are removed according to customer orders and provided for transport.
Challenges for producing companies
- Short reaction times due to unforeseeable demand fluctuations and a limited ability to plan
- Inventory reduction to reduce storage costs
- Ever-increasing variety of product variants on through to customer-specific mass production (mass customization)
- High customer requirements, especially with regard to quality and on-time delivery
- System downtimes due to flawed supply concepts cause high stoppage and stoppage follow-up costs
- Lacking process and inventory transparency
- Increasing competitive pressure
- Heterogeneous IT environment
- Great manual effort required for goods receipt recording and handling of shipping
Intelligent solutions with SAP EWM
As an integrated total solution, SAP EWM assists you with a multitude of strategic, tactical, and operative warehouse management activities.